Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Book Review: The Princess Bride


So, I mentioned before that I'm reading multiple books at a time, since The Sword of Shannara is so long. I recently finished "The Princess Bride". I'm sorry to say this, but the book was better than the movie. It always is, right? I'm sorry to say it because I really, really, really like the movie. Best movie ever made. They stuck to the storyline, I'll admit, which makes it a good film, but they left out/altered some crucial parts.
  1. Prince Humperdink's Zoo of Death. In the movie, it's just a torture chamber. In the book, it's this 5 level underground zoo where Prince Humperdink keeps the animals he captures, so he can hunt them when he likes. Creepy, but cool.
  2. Buttercup's declaration of love to Westly. In the movie, she slowly falls in love with him. In the book, the Count and Countess visit, and the Countess starts flirting with Westly. Buttercup gets possessive, and goes to Westley's "hovel", and proclaims her love for him. That does not, I repeat, does not happen in the movie.
  3. The Fire Swamp doesn't come out in the forest, like it does in the movie. It comes out by the shore.
  4. They don't mention the name of Westly's ship in the movie. In the books, it's named the Revenge.
Well, that's pretty much it. Comment if you have any more comparisons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi there.
i like words.
i like you.
i like your words.
go on, comment.