Sunday, June 6, 2010

1st Week of June!

Well, here goes: the 1st week of June.


Sorry I've been gone so long, but I've been so busy... so, enjoy my wrap-up


Sunday: Even though it wasn't Memorial Day, we went out and put flowers on graves. Need I say anymore? Oh, and I (tried) to start reading "The Secret Garden" to the little girls, but it didn't go too well.


Monday: Memorial Day. We didn't actually put flowers on graves that day, since we did it on Sunday, but instead we left for Moab. For those who don't live in Utah, Moab is the best thing since the Colonel's Fried Chicken. To me. For now. We did some hiking in Arches. We hiked The Windows, Turret Arch, and Double Arch(es). Then, we went and checked into the house we were renting. That was pretty much our first day.


Tuesday: We woke up early (for me) and hiked the Fiery Furnace. This is considered the hardest hike in all of Arches. There's no trail, and it requires a lot of jumping, scrambling up and down rocks, and squeezing into small spaces, but totally worth it. It's AMAZING!!!! If you go, you can totally tell why it's called the Fiery Furnace. Anyway, after we did the Fiery Furnace, we went and we picked up the kids and went to the Delicate Arch Viewpoint and the Wolfe Ranch. After, all the kids wanted to go home, so they did, but Josh, Ethan, and I went with Grandma and Grandpa Steele & my Uncle Peter and my Aunt Mary, and we did Tunnel Arch, Pine Tree Arch, and Landscape Arch. So pretty! It's gorgeous.

Wednesday: Well, after waking up and having breakfast, we packed up and left the house in Moab. But, before we came home, we decided to do some more exploring around the area. We went to Dead Horse Point (Have you heard that story? So sad.), and we drove around a bit through Canyonlands. We did a very short but exhausting hike to the Salt Dome, and we picnicked near one of the viewpoints for Canyonlands. It's all so gorgeous down there! And, after a 4 hour drive, we were home and I went to Mutual and we made Virtue wood blocks. They turned out purdy-ful. :D

Thursday: This day wasn't as exciting as most of the days this week. We had dentist's appointments, but that was about it. I have one small cavity, but they think it can wait until I have my braces off to fix it.

Friday: Not much happened today, either. Price and Josh got their physicals for Scout Camp, and Mom and Dad explored Parade of Homes. Whoop-de-doo.

Saturday: Ethan's Birthday! Boy, nothin' beats having a bunch of nine-year-olds run around your house trashing everything. Oh well. We went to the dollar store to buy Ethan cheapo presents. I got him a little stuffed tiger that remarkably looks like a miniature Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes. While we were at the dollar store, we saw some people setting up for a safety event thingy. This big ol' motorcycle dude had a B.A.C.A. jacket on, and Price said "Dad, what's B.A.C.A.?" Dad replied, "Bikers Against Child Abuse, Price." Price, still confused, said "What that?" Dad, being the goofy dad that he is, replied "Basically, if I slap you around out there, then a bunch of big biker dudes will come and slap me around." *eyeroll* Well, it was right on the money, at any rate.

Sunday(again): Which is today. In Sunday School, les garçons étaient des imbéciles. Que pourrais-je faire avec cela ? Absolutely nothing, I tell you. Oh, well. I got pretty upset, but I'm over it now. I need to learn to control my flapping mouth.

Ciao!

P.S.: To anybody playing the License Plate Game, we have 40 states, 3 Canadian Provinces, 2 foreign countries (France and Brazil), and about a billion U.S. Governments. HAHAHAHA!!!! National Parks are the best places to go to play, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi there.
i like words.
i like you.
i like your words.
go on, comment.