Thursday, August 18, 2011

i stole this from brit, part II

(This is the part where I answer your questions and show you the awesome songs people picked)

So, apparently no one likes commenting on my blog,
but these three were kind enough to oblige.
Thanks, guys!
(see this post)

From Carrie:
Her song:



Her question:
What was it like living in a different country?

Well, somewhat different, but since we were living near an American air base, not as much. The cultural immersion was pretty cool, though. Since Portugal is mostly Catholic, they have a bunch of festivals and stuff to worship their patron saints. Every couple of weeks or so you would wake up to hear fireworks outside your window.
The island that we lived on was volcanic. You can find volcanic formations everywhere. It's still considered dormant- it hasn't been long enough, but you can still go hiking/spelunking in the volcanic cones. It's pretty cool.
The houses are typically made of concrete, but (nearly) everything else is made out of volcanic rock. They dig large rocks while they till the earth for farming, and they stack it into walls, about waist high.
The last thing I enjoyed was the ocean. We lived just a 5 minute walk from where our house was, and I typically went to sleep with the rising/falling of the tide. It was very different from the mountains here- you could see for miles.

Well, that's as much as I think I can type without you falling asleep. So, onward!

From Brit:
Her song:



Her question:
What do you think would be the perfect date?

Hmm... that's a hard one. But, it definitely would include lunch/dinner at JCW's, a walk in the park, and a cute guy (but one that I know). :)

From Cait:
Her song:



Her question:
Where are all the places you've lived?
Just because I've lived in totally obscure places, I'm going to include links to Wikipedia articles about the correlating places. Age is in the parentheses ()

Provo, Utah (0-14 months)
Manila, Utah (14 months- 11 years)
Pleasant Grove, Utah (12 years-present)

Well, that's pretty much it. You know a little bit more about me, and I know a little more about you.
Bahahaha. ;)

*Edit: from Micaela
Her song:



Her question:
If you could turn into a noodle or a piece of broccoli, which would you choose?

Hmm... I have to say I'd prefer to be broccoli. Just 'cause people will be less likely to eat me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi there.
i like words.
i like you.
i like your words.
go on, comment.