Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shakespeare

So, I was sitting in Stage Crew (4th Period), and Ms. Mecham was doing something at her desk, so I was reading a poster. It was a poster with a bunch of different phrases- all supposedly from Shakespeare. Here's some examples:
-In a pickle
-Fair Play
-In stitches
-Woe is me
-The game is afoot
-Faint hearted
-Knit brow
-Star-crossed lovers
-Truth will out
There's a whole lot of words he invented, too:
-Advertisement
-Bloodstained
-Amazement
-Critic/Critical
-Exposure
-Eyeball
-Gallantry
-Full-grown
-Inaudible
-Varied
And that's just a few! I mean, come on. Shakespeare is probably the most famous poet of all time!
But, as brilliant as the guy was, you have to admit- he was a nutjob! I mean, how can the guy have turned out so many sad stories? Hamlet, Macbeth, even Romeo and Juliet. Every single one of his plays had tragedy in it- even if it was a comedy! I think the guy was clinically depressed or something. Oh well. He's dead and gone, with his art for us to enjoy, even if it is a bit strange, and, for most people, hard to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi there.
i like words.
i like you.
i like your words.
go on, comment.